Chairman of Devonshire Park LTC
Tennis For All
● Did you know that for 140 years the Public have been able to PLAY on some of the best grass tennis courts in the world at Devonshire Park
● For the last 3 yeaars YOU have been denied access to YOUR courts in spite of
the recent £53.8m Devonshire Park redevelopment.
● Ask your candidate, "Will you restore the Devonshire Park courts to NORMAL
Public and Club use?"
DON'T VOTE FOR ME
STOP THIS INJUSTICE
Vote for the Party who will return Devonshire Park Courts back to the people and to NORMAL public, club and tournament use.
● Please sign our petition: www.bit.ly/savedevparktennis
● Volunteer your legal expertise: email@example.com
● Donate to help with our legal fees: www.bit.ly/justgiving_savedevparktennis
The History behind Devonshire Park
Devonshire Park opened its gates to the public on 1 July 1874 and in 1879, the first tennis courts were marked out on its prestigious lawns. A little later in 1877 the All England Croquet and Lawn Tennis Club set about regularising the laws of lawn tennis and produced its first tournament at Wimbledon running from July 9–16 of that year. In 1881 the club staged the inaugural South of England Championships, the event was played annually for 136 years until 1972.
All the greats have played and won here including Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert, Virginia Wade, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Andy Roddick, Lindsay Davenport, Monica Seles, Caroline Wozniacki, Marion Bartoli, Novak Djokovic and Karolína Plíšková.